Is impatience stopping you from getting what you want?
Are you sabotaging your ability to reach your goals by putting impossible deadlines on them?
Wouldn’t it be great to just slow down, take a breath, contemplate where you’re headed and go forward with more focus and clarity on the things that will give you the outcomes you want? (psst – they’re also called goals)
The oddest thing happens when you stop being frantic and desperate… you calm down and so does the world around you.
You appear more confident and “in control” – you become more attractive to prospective customers; you begin to generate a sense of competence and expertise. People get to know you better, they get to like you and trust you more. They’re more willing to engage with you and entertain the idea of doing business with you.
Isn’t that better than what you are probably doing now?
And after you’ve calmed down, you can eliminate the “busy” stuff and focus on the important stuff, the practical stuff that gets you closer to your desired outcome.
Step by step here’s how to approach getting the outcomes you want:
1) This is some of the most important work you will ever do in your business, so commit to a few hours or even a couple of days if necessary of TOTAL FOCUS to get the ideas out of your head and into some kind of format that will give you a step by step action plan. Please don’t use the excuse “I don’t have time” – MAKE the time or stay stuck until you do.
2) Let’s assume that you want to make more sales, sit down and work out the specific number – the ACTUAL dollars that you would like to increase your sales by. Next work out the time frame – over what period of time: a month, 3 months, 12 months?
3) Then, work out the easiest most leveraged way to do that. Take your time and dig deep into all of the ways you could achieve the outcome you want. Get creative, get crazy, think BIG! Don’t limit your thinking; just brainstorm ideas for the moment.
4) Then break it down again to make sure it’s possible. If you want to double your sales in 3 months it’s going to take some laser sharp planning and activity. Can it be done – do you have the infrastructure to deliver your product or service to twice the number of customers in that space of time? If not – DON’T give up the dream – lengthen the time instead.
5) Keep tweaking the plan and the timeframe until you come up with something workable that has actual practical daily strategies in it that you can do – turn it into a daily chart or calendar and tick off the items as you complete them.
6) Remove ALL excuses. NO one wants to hear the sorry story of how you couldn’t do stuff. People like to back a winner – and winners have the best stories – make yours a GREAT story. Be a HERO
It won’t happen overnight… You need to get used to that idea.
Good things take time to brew. Enjoy the journey 🙂