Have you walked into a garden to take big deep breaths of spring yet?
The perfume of early blooming flowers is delightful.
And just watching the wildlife getting amorous makes me smile. We have a racehorse goanna living in our roof – her name is Scratchy. At least I though we only had one and I thought it was a “he” until I spotted her mate trying to find a way up the wall to join her. He made it. There will be baby goannas.
So now that everything is growing and blooming (and multiplying) – it’s time to weed and feed not only your garden, but your business too.
If winter caught you hibernating and you need to shake off the cobwebs and woolly thinking here are some spring chores for you
Let’s talk about what to weed out first:
“Stuff” seems to collect in dark corners in winter and unless you’re very disciplined when it comes to filing and sorting, collecting stats and organising then there’s going to be some sorting and weeding to do.
By all means do a spring clean to prepare the way, but not to the exclusion of planting and growing.
If you follow the 80/20 Principle (where 20% of what you do gives you 80% of your results) then you can safely weed out a lot of things you’re not using any more like:
- Old stock, old products or services that clutter up your inventory
- Less than ideal customers who suck up 80% of your time and give you only 20% of your results
- Staff that have become complacent and no longer perform at optimum level
- Outdated methods, technology and processes that may be weighing you down
- Old thinking, following the crowd in your industry and colleagues who no longer fit with you
- Marketing methods that drain your business with no discernible return on investment
Once you’ve cleared all that out the way…
Now let’s talk about growing stuff.
What are the twenty per centers in your business? Dive deep into your business to find out…
- Who your best customers are and what makes them favourites
- What your top selling/high profit products and services are
- Who your best sales people are
- Which marketing strategies are working and why
- Which processes and technology advance your business and make it easier to run
- What lights YOU up as a business owner and gives you energy and enthusiasm
Once you’ve got a handle on those things then FEED them, nurture them and grow them.
This course is not available at the moment. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for the next dates.